Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Great, now I'm hungry for pickles too....

     I did it- I got off my butt and started jogging. I found a fantastic site, http://www.coolrunning.com/, (or Joggingforidiots.com as I affectionately call it) and it has a feature called the "Couch to 5k" program. It is a day-by-day running schedule that enables you to train yourself to be able to run a 5k marathon in 3 months. Every week the program adds time or distance to your jog. This week, I start with a 5 minute walk and then jog for 60 seconds, walk for 90 seconds and alternate these for 25 minutes and end the whole thing with a 5 minute cool down walk. I do this three times this week, and I'll just go for a walk on the alternate days. I am in love with this program! I like that it lays everything out for me...step by step. It tells me when to walk, when to jog, when to go fast, when to go slow, how to breath, how to invest my income tax return, how to make the perfect beef gravy...its brilliant. Monday night, after the little ones stretched and yawned for the last time, I suited up and went for my jog- in about 40 cms of slush. Apparently, no one in the township's office heard that I was going for a jog and the plows were not dispatched. I did much better than I thought I was capable of...although I will not shy away from the truth- the last few minutes of jogging were more of an enthoused shuffle, and the grande finale was me hawking up the remnants of my cold. Attractive? Yes.
     Tonight I went to Zumba with my sister (Yay! someone to make faces at!) and then I promptly came home and ate a bag of Cadbury mini cream eggs. I bought them to send to a friend from highschool who loves them, but I ate them instead. I have done this three weeks in a row now. I think I should alter my approach; I should just send her a card with $5 in it and tell her to buy her own eggs. It would be better for my health anyways. I don't think I've ever even eaten a Cadbury cream egg before I started buying them to send to Jane. The Easter spirit is sabatoging my diet! Thank goodness she doesn't like chocolate eclaires or deep fried pickles too....

1 comment:

  1. Great enthusiasm for your fitness program. Enjoy the many benefits. Love your blog.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete