Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Out of the Mouth of Babes

This morning was sort of a no-frills day. I knew we were just staying at home; all I had planned on our itinerary was goofing around with the kids and continue my quest to deep clean the whole house this week. So, while getting dressed this morning, I just threw on one of Nick's old Montreal Canadiens T-shirts. (Some will say,
"Dress for the job you want." I say, "Dress for the Mess You're Cleaning.")

When I woke up our three year old son, he looked at me queerly and said, "Momma wearing Daddy's shirt!" "Yup," I said. "Do you like it on me?" "No", he replied (a little too honestly.) "It's too lumpy on Momma." Hmmm...if I was in total denial, I could attribute this to the fact that I have big boobs- hence the lumps. (My lumps, my lumps, my lovely lady lumps. Christ, I hate that song. Now it'll be in my head all night.) However, I did a brutally honest evaluation, and concluded that Dryden was correct: I was lumpy everywhere. And yes, "lumpy" is a euphemism for "FAT."

I have totally slacked on the weight loss front. As a matter if fact, I forgot all about it. Dryden's lumpy observation reminded me that I never wanted to be a Fat Mom. I suddenly remembered being at my cousin Donna's baby shower- I don't think I was even in high school yet. That afternoon, my mom told me never to let myself go after having children; it would be one of my greatest regrets. This is the only time I can remember getting this type of advice from her. And true to form, it was advice that I didn't heed. I decided tonight that it wasn't too late. Tomorrow morning will start (early and chilly) with a walk. My vitamins and supplements are coming out of the cupboard where I can see them and remember to take them. Nick picked up some pre-made salads- no excuses. I have a goal: to be less fat when we go down south in April. Less vague: I want to look, and feel good in a bathing suit. Everything starts tomorrow: new efforts, new energy, new habits. Tomorrow. Tonight I made the unhealthiest dessert I could find on Pintrest (I made Reese's Peanut butter squares. *Amazing!* Actually not the least healthy- all the sinfully unhealthy treats are insanely labour intensive. Slutty Brownies are like four different desserts in one! Too much effort for me.)

Here's to chocolate and peanut butter!!
...and to exercise...I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment