Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Life is more entertaining in my head

I'm a pretty good parent- but if truth be told, that's only because I'm exceptional at censoring what's really going on in my head. 

Kid says: I drew this for you; do you know what it is?

What I say in my head: multicoloured spaghetti diarrhea? And that purple squiggle in the corner looks like a dick.

What I say out loud: Wow! Look at all those colors- can you name them all for me? It's beautiful.

Kid says: Can I play with the IPad in bed?

What I say in my head: I have a date with level 83 of Candy Crush in 10 minutes. You're going down chocolate mountain!

What I say out loud: the blue light from the iPad is bad for sleepy time.

Kid says: Oh yeah? Well I don't like you anymore!

What I say in my head: I haven't liked you in weeks- you're an asshole! As a matter of fact, we're through. Pack your crap and get out! I'm calling my mother.

What I say out loud: That hurt my feelings. You sit here alone and think about that.

Kid says: Guard the door while I go poop.

What I say in my head: We're the only two home!? Who in their right mind wants to barge in on your stinky self pooping??

What I say out loud: Sure thing Bud

Noëlle says (at 5:00 am): Do you want to eat?? 

What I say in my head: No. Sleeping. Go. Away. Now.

What I say out loud: Good communicating- you're so smart...and up early.

Kid says: Are those your boobies? 

What I say in my head: Nope. I went to the plastic surgeon and paid big bucks for these over-sized-had-three-kids-saggy tits. Aren't they awesome?

What I say out loud: Of course they're my boobies- they're part of my body and I love them (*gag, I know*)

Kid says: Let me play you a song on my drum.

What I say in my head: Holy fuck I wish you wouldn't. Seriously.

What I say out loud: I love your songs!!
{kill}
{me}

Kid says: Bubble Guppies. NOW!

What I say in my head: Wow- you're an asshole.

What I say out loud: I didn't hear any manners...

Kid says: I really want a cookie.

What I say in my head: Me too...and if you weren't standing here with me, I'd be eating one secretly.

What I say out loud: Supper is almost ready. You can have one after. 

Kid says: If Storm and Firestar had a fight, Firestar would win.

What I say in my head: No, Storm could just whip up a tornado and funnel Firestar's flame like a flamethrower...then She-Hulk would come and kick both those silly bitches asses. 

What I say out loud: Really? How come?

Kid says: Saku keeps sniffing me.

What I say in my head: That's because you smell like sweaty feet/peanut butter/ old farts/play doh

What I say out loud: That's because he loves you!

Kid says: YOU'RE NOT MY BEST FRIEND!!

What I say in my head: I've had whiney friends like you; they suck.

What I say out loud: No I'm not, I'm your Mother. 

Kid Says: Can I stay up late?

What I say in my head: HAHAHAHAHA
Fuck no. I've been excited for your bed time for seven hours.

What I say out loud: No.





*disclaimer*
My sensoring ability deteriorates with direct proportion to caffeine consumed/hours slept 

2 comments: