Friday, May 6, 2011

Fabulous Friday

     All in all, not a bad day today. I refused to get out of bed before the kids got up today. I still felt residue from my negative mood from yesterday and wanted to hide in bed for as long as possible. I emerged from under the covers only after hearing, "Momma? Momma? Momma!" The kids are so friggin' cute first thing in the morning and by the time we maneuvered the staircase I was happy. I set the kiddies up in their highchairs and served breakfast- and went back upstairs to do my weigh in. (I had flashbacks to last night's naniamo bars and was not confident that my good mood would survive the oracle's numbers.) I have no idea how this happened, but I lost 2.5 pounds this week! Good mood saved.

     After breakfast, I got the little ones ready to go shopping. Dressed, diaper bag overflowing, shopping list and keys at the ready- we headed out to the truck. I strapped the kids in, stowed our gear and hopped in myself, turning the key in the ignition to the sound of...nothing? Where is the low rumble and then then ridiculous roar of the Dodge coming to life? No life left in that bad boy- the battery was dead. "Someone" left the truck on overnight. At first I thought, "Meh. No biggie." And then I realized that Pepsi was on my shopping list. Shit. Shit! I will not lie; I was not ready to tackle giving up Pepsi today- or anytime, say, this month. Thankfully the kids were excellent today and I didn't have any moments where I needed a Pepsi so I wouldn't loose my cool. I stayed pretty busy today though; we played outside, while the kids were napping I dug out an old sandbox and mulched our cedar fence, I even finished organizing the basement. I will say that I have a horrible headache right now. My entire head is throbbing and my eyes feel like they're being pressed out of my face. Even my teeth hurt. I think I'm not going to waste today. I already have one day under my belt and I'm going to run with it (not literally, screw jogging- my body is already freaking out, wondering where the heck its caffeine is.) I think tonight is going to be very difficult- its my prime Pepsi time. If I get too antsy or if this headache intensifies I'll crack open some wine maybe (lol- awesome plan Rachel, become a raging alcoholic in order to stop drinking soft drinks. Seriously, who needs a liver...)

     If I don't blog all weekend its because Nick locked me in a closet to prevent me from breaking into the corner store to steal, and chug, all their dark, bubbly, sweet liquid sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment