Wednesday, April 6, 2011

{Insert motivational 'failure' quote here}

     I should have stayed in bed this morning. People following this blog must think "good lord, does this broad ever want to get out of bed?!" Well, no actually...it's quite plush and warm.
I can't recall if the kids were especially bad or I was just unusually bitchy, but everything was getting on my nerves: half full breakfast bowls being thrown, the dog trying to lick the smeared peanut butter off my bum, my ill fitting shirt etc...I endured two hours of being yelled at, slapped, licked, breaking up fights over the remote, wiping up droplets of spilled milk from that G-D leaky sippy cup, and telling myself that I did NOT need that cup of coffee that I rely on as my crutch. Finally, I woke Nick up and was not very nice about it. "Get up- it's your turn." Now, I'm not sure if it was my tone, the wild look on my face, or the fact that I had dark circles under my eyes, hadn't showered yet, and my whole head was twitching- but Nick got the just of the situation rather quickly. He made me a guilt free coffee and kept the beggar children away from me so that I could actually sit down and enjoy it. I was also given the rest of the morning and afternoon off. I showered, got dressed, put on makeup- but I had no where to go. I left anyways (just as Dryden launched a handful of ravioli onto my freshly cleaned baseboards. sigh.) I went out to lunch and drove around, bought some pepsi and returned home happier. The kids were mercifully already in bed for their nap so Nick and I hightailed it up to our room. To nap. No afternoon delights here people- we needed a friggin' nap. The rest of the day was fine...I guess even Moms need a time-out and a Dad smart enough to put her there.

     After the kids were put down (to bed for the night, not by the Vet- jeez the day wasn't that bad) I got ready to go out for a run. Which reminds me, I must add 'running' to the list of things that I am no longer good at. My heart and my lungs are willing participants- but my body thinks that this is a stupid idea. I managed the warm up walk fine tonight then made it through 15 minutes of jogging/walking and then my right calf seized up. My initial impulse was to collapse in the middle of the street and yell something random like "I need some water! Can someone get me a banana?? Please, someone call 911- tell them to bring a stretcher!!!" I wisely went with a less dramatic Plan 'B' and sat down on the neighbours soggy lawn and stretched my legs out in front of me, pointing my toes to the sky until the pain stopped and my leg stopped twitching like a crack addict needing a fix. The last 10 minutes were converted into a downhearted walk. Jogginforidiots.com is not working for me. I need walkingforabsoluteidiots.com first...so here's the new plan: I will power walk for 30 minutes/night for the remaining four days this week. Next week for 40 minutes; the next week will involve 50 minutes; and the last week of April will be for 60 minutes every night. Hopefully by then I'll be down a few pounds, and my body will hate me less and be more willing to help me out and I can re-start the plan from coolrunning.com. I am NOT discouraged. I am NOT discouraged. I am NOT discouraged! Yeah, I'm a bit discouraged. Why is this so hard for me? I have a Cadbury Cream egg in the cupboard calling my name: "Rachel- I love you! I will hang out with you and we can hate running together."

     I tossed it in the freezer to shut it up and am going to go soak in a bubble bath with a glass of wine instead. Tomorrow is another day and maybe, just maybe, I might even feel like getting out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment