Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wise Man


     


       Yesterday, after supper I noticed that my little Tassimo carousel was devoid of all coffee. I had a moment of sheer panic in which I yelled something along the lines of, "holy shit we have no more coffee how did I let this happen tomorrow morning is going to suck so bad!" I turned around and saw that Nick and the three kids were staring at me funny. I pulled myself together (barely) and said casually, "never mind, it's not the end of the world. I can do without- no big deal."

That's when my husband turned to face me and said seriously: "Rachel, you just quit smoking, gave up Pepsi cold turkey, are on a diet...and started your period. I cannot, in good conscience, go to work tomorrow and leave you without coffee. It's too dangerous for the kids."

So this morning, I raise an enormous mug of steaming hot coffee in recognition of one smart husband (and three small children who will more than likely survive the day.)


                          Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment